- Supa-Puss is Supa-Awesome (By Tony)
Price Value Quality
- Warm, analog delay
- Tap tempo
- 3 subdivision options
- Excellent control over delay tone, gain and modulation
...then this is for you. This is the best sounding analog delay pedal I've used, and it has plenty of extra features that make it that much better.
However, this pedal won't give you:
- Dual delay or multiple simultaneous subdivisions (quarter note then triplet for example... you can only pick one at a time)
- Presets (it's analog, people... you've gotta turn the knobs yourself)
- Effects loop (not missing a *whole* lot here since you've got built-in modulation and gain)
- Expression pedal control over depth (expression pedal jack only connects to speed knob... this means all other functions can't be assigned to expression but must be controlled from the pedal... which kinda goes back to the whole "it's an analog pedal" thing)
Not faulting the Supa-Puss for not having these features, just letting you know what to expect.
Extra (sweet!) features include:
- Intelligent delay-time controls (knob dials in <1 second and tap tempo controls from 1 up to 3 whole seconds!)
- Modulation depth and speed controls (depth dials in some significant modulation so keeping the speed low helps it to stay musical... unless you want to experiment, which I definitely do)
- CHASE MODE!!! (I keep hearing people knock this, saying there are no practical applications for the 5 different chase modes... I beg to differ! It's not a typical delay sound, but if you're looking to experiment with some psychadelic or space-y effects or even just interesting rhythm or lead sounds, you'll enjoy exploring the chase modes... and you can always dial it in as a subtle background or a prominent effect with the mix knob)
I would recommend this pedal over and over. The features are excellent, the operation is simple, the tone is outstanding, and the possible applications are endless! The only way this could get any better is if you could use multiple subdivisions at once, but maybe that's a future Way Huge release?! Here's to hoping... until then (if ever), I'm more than satisfied with my Supa-Puss. (Posted on 8/23/13)
- Supa Puss rocks the World of analog delay! (By Clive)
Value Quality Price
- Modulation is absolutely awesome ( Kind off lets you do without a chorus pedal)
- Sounds great in front of the amp.....plug your OCD/or tube screamer side by side with Supa Puss and any Digital delay (Boss and company) and you will see what I mean. This is the main feature which never wants me take my SP of the board
- Great value for money - The cheapest analog delay with Tap Tempo ......works well even without Tap Tempo
- Works well with all pedals ( without bringing effects loops in the picture) ...I’ve tried reverb Wah, Booster, Overdrives, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo.
- Last but not the least, one of the best analog delays out there
- Gain knob is useless ( I think a volume knob would have served SP better) anyways Jorge knows best
- The Chase modes have no practical musical use
- Remember this a analog delay , if your song needs precise digital sounds ...this won’t replace your digital delay
- Mix knob – I have heard a lot of comments that there is a perceived volume drop after the mix knob is beyond 12.00. This may be true to an extent ...but I personally never use the mix after 12.00 position (I’m sure this is the case with most guitarists, you would never want your wet delay signal to overpower your dry signal. SP works best before the 12.00 period)
- Tone Knob – Same here... works best up to 12.00 position. Introduces some noise after 3.00 position.
Reasons to buy
- I If you need a great analog delay and but also need subdivision like triplets etc. This IS the pedal. I gave this pedal five pedal stars because delivers on its ‘warm analog’ promise (although the extra features may not be all that useful)
Reasons to Skip
- If you are thinking this will replace your digital delay. Digital delays have their own unique use
- If you are buying this delay for all the other extra perks , not for the analog delay itself
(Posted on 1/20/13)
Write Your Own Review for...
Way Huge Supa-Puss
Way Huge Supa-Puss
Delay expert Jeorge Tripps takes the Way Huge Supa-Puss several steps beyond anything you would expect from a delay pedal. Dial in 50-3000ms of truly organic, analog repeats with the Delay control, fine tune the timing with the Tap-tempo footswitch and blend the repeats with your original signal with the Mix control. The Feedback control not only gives as many repeats as you need, but also selects your chosen Subdivision mode for quarter note, dotted 8th note, 8th note triplets or 16th note repeats. For the Chase mode, hold down the Feedback control for 3 or 4 seconds to cycle through the subdivisions in a whole variety of patterns and tempos. For added sonic expression, a fully adjustable low frequency oscillator (LFO) circuit gives creates rich, pitch-shifting modulation to give your repeats a shimmering chorus effect. Depth, Speed and Tone knobs give you absolute control over the modulation while an additional gain circuit to add presence and grit to your delay signal. The Way Huge Supa-Puss has an expression pedal jack and can be adjusted for true bypass or for delay trails operation, which lets the last repeat ring out after the effect is turned off. The Way Huge Supa-Puss can be powered by a 9 volt battery or a standard DC converter.
Way Huge Supa-Puss Features:
- 50ms - 3000ms of Delay
- Delay, Feedback, Mix Controls
- LFO Modulation Circuit with Depth, Speed and Tone Controls
- Gain Circuit
- Tap Tempo
- Delay Trails or True Bypass
- 4.187” (10.63 cm) x 4.875” (12.38 cm) x 2.5” (6.35 cm)
- Standard 9vDC or Battery Operation
Not valid on B-Stock items
ProGuitarShop.com will ship completed orders Monday-Friday. Orders placed and paid before 8:30 a.m. PST will ship that same day. All completed orders after the cutoff time will ship the following business day. ProGuitarShop.com does not ship on Saturday or Sunday.
Every shipment is packed with care by our staff, as if it were our own. When you place an order with Pro Guitar Shop your shipment will be fully insured and secure so your items will arrive to you safely as well as quickly.
Backorders - Products that are not available to ship at the time of the order may be available for backorder. You will be notified if an item is on backorder with the item is in your car. Once the item arrives it will ship. if your order contains both in stock and back ordered items, the entire shipment may be held. In some cases the available item will ship immediately depending on the estimated time of arrival for the backordered item. All international orders with backorders items with be held until all the items will be available for shipment. Please contact us by phone or email for your order's status.
All orders shipped within the United States will ship free via USPS or UPS, depending on the ordered items.
Orders shipping within the United States with USPS Priority Mail will have delivery confirmation and in some cases a signature requirement. USPS Priority ships with an estimated delivery time, but this is not a guaranteed shipping time. USPS Priority Mail Express shipping is guaranteed within 48 hours of time of pickup. An automated email with tracking will be sent once the tracking number is assigned on the day of shipment. This number may be entered at USPS.com.
UPS Ground shipping time depends on location and is up to 5 business days. To get time estimates prior to making an order check UPS.com. All UPS shipments will have a signature requirement unless requested otherwise. An automated email with tracking will be sent once the tracking number is assigned on the day of shipment.
All shipping estimates for USPS and UPS are from the time of pickup and do not take into account order processing time. To request a shipment without a signature requirement please email or call us at (503) 670-4949.
At Pro Guitar Shop our international customers are very important to us. Not only do we pack our shipments securely in a box to withstand the long journey around the world, we will work with you from start to finish to ensure your shipment arrives safely and to your satisfaction. All shipments are fully insured in case of loss or damage.
All International orders shipping with USPS Priority Mail International will ship in a box with Priority tracking, designated with a CJ number. Orders shipping internationally with USPS Priority Mail Express are shipped in a box with Express tracking, designated with an EC number. Customs processing time varies greatly depending on the country and are not included in USPS shipping time estimates. An automated email with tracking details will be sent once the order is processed on the day of shipment.
International shipments are subject to import taxes by the destination country upon receipt. All payment for import taxes on international shipments are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Orders that come back to PGS as not claimed or refused by the customer will receive a refund for the product. Shipping will not be refunded. Please watch tracking on your shipments to be aware of customs processing and delivery.
Contact a PGS representative for specific shipping questions by phone or email.
For more detailed shipping time estimates and information please refer to our carrier's websites.
All equipment sold is United States power specifications and may need additional modifications or converters in countries other than the USA or Canada. We are not responsible for providing additional power supplies for the customer's corresponding country.
Worldwide shipping excludes the following brands: Vox, Marshall, Korg, Schecter, Orange, Tech 21, TC Electronic, BOSS/Roland, Pedaltrain, Voodoo Lab, MXR/Dunlop, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, EMG. Zvex products cannot ship to Israel..
Please click this link below to get PGS return form.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund of the original purchase price. We offer a 60-day return policy on all pedals. We ask that you please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received. Pedals returned in undesirable condition (scratched, nicked, or modified) may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% of the purchase price. We must receive the product within 60 days of your order date. All guitar and amplifier purchases must be returned within 15 days of receiving the unit with all original packaging and materials. Refunds are given for merchandise returned. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer and are non-refundable.
Contacting PGS prior to shipping a return is not required, however, If you have questions about the return process you can call us at 503 670 4949. No RA necessary to return a product, simply include the completed return form from the link above and we will process the return.
Please pack carefully. Do not attach a label to manufacturer’s box. Use a shipping box for packing your return. You may choose any shipping service you like to return the package to us. We strongly recommend some sort of tracking or delivery confirmation and insurance. If you want to know when the item arrives to PGS you will need to keep the tracking number, as we have a lot of shipments coming in. Lost packages happen; this will help protect you from loss.
Returns are processed twice a week, usually within 72 hours of receiving them. Refunds will be issued to the credit card or Paypal account used for purchase. An automatic email will be sent once the return is processed to notify you. Please keep in mind that credit card refunds can take up to 10 business days to post on the account once the refund has been processed.
All Used item sales are FINAL.
All B-Stock Item sales are FINAL.
Pro Guitar Shop Returns
15717 SW 74th Ave. Suite 400
Tigard, OR 97224
PGS One-year Replacement Warranty on All Pedals
Any manufacturer's defect in your pedal within one year of purchase will result in the replacement of that pedal free of charge
60-day Return Policy on All Pedal Purchases.
Return your new pedal for any reason within 60 days towards another pedal or a full refund
15-day Return Policy on All Guitar & Amp Purchases.
Return your new Guitar or Amp for any reason within 15 days towards another purchase or a full refund
Lifetime Product Support to Original Owner for the Life of the Product
Comprehensive Quality Check and Setup on Every Guitar.
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund of the original purchase price. Please return the product in the original product packaging along with all included materials (manual, warranty card, all accessories) and in the original condition that it was received.
Items returned in undesirable condition (scratched, nicked, or modified) may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 25% of the purchase price. We must receive the product within 60 days of you receiving it for pedals and 15 days of receipt for guitars and amps. All guitar and amplifier purchases must be returned with all original packaging and in original condition. Please do not remove the protective plastic coverings on guitars and amplifiers (where applicable) until you know you are keeping the unit. Also, please be aware of the light finish scratches that may occur when playing a guitar from picks, fingernails, shirt buttons, and belt buckles. These are not acceptable on a return so please be careful.
Please pack carefully. Do not attach a label to manufacturer’s box. Use a shipping box for packing your return. You may choose any shipping service you like to return the package to us.
We strongly recommend some sort of tracking or delivery confirmation and insurance. Lost packages happen; this will help protect you from loss. Returns are processed twice a week, usually within 72 hours of receiving them.
Refunds will be issued to the credit card or Paypal account used for purchase. Please keep in mind that credit card refunds can take up to 10 business days to post on the account once the refund has been processed.